the Voice of Youth (tVoY) was initiated by a student of National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan basically to cultivate relations with youth belonging to different strata of life. But behind this obvious reason, there lies a deeper visionary objective – that is to create a forum where the youth could mingle and enrich one other by their ideas and views, particularly highlighting voices from conflict zones with the aim to find common grounds of peace and prosperity.
Social media as an alternate form of media has brought the conflict zones of the world into limelight. With the vision of a peaceful society, one of the goals of tVoY is also to speak to millions about resolution of conflicts, their nature and root causes. As always, our focus is on the young people. By sharing their story, we feel they can be a great source of inspiration and encouragement to those who are going through similar situations.
Considering the swift spread of the concept of e-Journalism and online access to information, tVoY ultimately aims to connect all the actors of communication ecosystem through the use of digital technology and by granting the right to express heterogeneous views for homogeneity.
Who are we?
tVoY is an award-winning youth network spread across 151 countries of the world.
We envision a peaceful society; where we learn to live in harmony and embrace and cherish diversity and the differing views of others.
To cultivate relations with youth belonging to different strata of life, providing all with a platform to freely pursue their individuality for collective progression.
• Lend youth a voice to express their ideas, opinions and aspirations for themselves and their community
• Help groom youth’s perspective by presenting many views on popular social issues, thus garnering acceptance, tolerance and broad-mindedness in them
• Highlight youth voices from conflict zones
• Electronically preserve Urdu and regional languages for future generations
• Connect young people all around the world